The first week of summer break seemed to be full of projects and accomplishments.
- One pond, created
- Pair of socks, darned and returned to active duty
- Mountain of laundry ironed.
- Raspberries picked, yummy things made.
- Sons entertained
- Eldest prepared for Boy Scout camp
- Banking, grocery shopping, haircut for middle son (more like a shearing)
A busy week by all accounts.
But today I find myself sulky and overwhelmed. The pressure of only having so much time off, and wanting to use it well and wisely. The pressure of my parents coming for their first visit in years, and me wanting things to be spiffed up… some bathroom repairs, some paint touch up..
So much of what needs doing requires the skill and expertise and hulk of the man about the place… and he is swamped at work. So much so that last weekend he worked all weekend! And this weekend he will spend getting eldest to summer camp. And then the weekend after next he will take middle son to camp and be gone all week. And not long after that, we will have visitors.. which means it will be me that has to move mountains. And I do not feel qualified or in the mood.
Disgruntled. panicked… the longest day has been and is now gone…
Okay, new to-do list:
- Drag oneself out of funk.. ignore kicking and screaming and whinging…just do it….