Keeping busy with Simplicity 2249

I tried a new pattern recently.

Simplicity 2249

I have fabric to make the version B dress, and maybe version D, but wanted to start with the tunic to see how the sizing fit.

Version C

The fabric is a lovely patterned/embroidered cotton. But this means there are tons of threads everywhere to be pulled and snagged. I decided to do every seam I could with a french seam to help prevent all the unraveling I knew would happen at the edges. This added more time to the project.

Close up of fabric

I also had several old metal white zippers the right size in my grandmother’s stuff, so chose to use it rather than get a more modern zipper. It shows in the picture, but the zipper is actually in a concealed placket. Although I hear the trend is for exposed, metal zippers…hmmm.

Light and floaty – think I will enjoy wearing this.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s