- Attended a week long professional development session concerning the new Common Core curriculum. Unpaid, during my “vacation”, trying to better myself.
- Attended the Moral Monday for Education to protest a state government that seems determined to undermine education. Here are some links if you are interested:
http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/07/30/3070787/on-moral-monday-teaching-with.html or http://www.wral.com/-moral-monday-organizers-want-meeting-with-mccrory-plan-future-protests/12716757/ or http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/07/29/4199729/largest-moral-monday-crowd-yet.html
- Back to school shopping on last tax free weekend for NC. Saving $7 on every $100 doesn’t mean much to some, but when buying shoes and clothes and school supplies times 3 boys, it is helpful. So we gather a list all summer and take advantage of sales and tax free on that first weekend in August.
- Some knitting – down to the sleeves on my Moonshine sweater.
- Some sewing – 2 colleagues and a family member are expecting/have had a new baby this summer. So I used a photo I saw on Pinterest and made my own version of an Owl Taggy. Here are the inspirations: http://fishersmommy.blogspot.jp/2012/06/tummy-time-mat-tutorials.html and http://www.etsy.com/listing/73759166/owl-crinkle-crackle-sensory-owl-taggie
- PT continues for my frozen shoulder. I am getting a bigger range of motion, but progress is so slow, and working at it takes so much time, and always leaves my arm sore and aching. Ugggh.
Next week I do more curriculum writing, have a son turning 20 and a son turning 17. The following week the youngest son starts school, I return to work, we celebrate our 23rd anniversary, and by the 26th we are all back in school. So blogging returns to its intermittent posting.